Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Virtues visit New England (sounds like a book title)

It is always joyous when I get to see my family because I do not get to see them very often now that we are Easterners (bleh). This visit was especially exciting because Michelle and my mom and dad came over my birthday in October (still playing catch up. Remember?) Anyway, we had such a good time and they got to see the house and stay with us. I thought it was fun to have them stay in our home. Not sure how they felt about it deep down, but they at least seemed like they enjoyed staying:)
You know the song in Mary Poppins that goes:
It's a jolly holiday with Mary?

Well, when Mickey comes, it's a jolly holiday with Mickey! She is magical with not only the kids, but with me:) I love her.


Mary and I posing for a close up. We look alike, huh? I love her sooooo much!

My mom says that she knew Damian in the preexistence. I believe her. He is so blessed to have such good grandmas.

I think my boys love my dad (I think he loves them too) and I am grateful that they do because he is such a good man and good example for them. He sure knows how to have a good time with them too! He took each of them on walks and hiked a bit near our house (I think he took the hike to see a nearby monster of a house.) He also rolled around in the leaves and carved pumpkins. What a guy!

2 comments:

Trent and Meg said...

What a fun location for the house! It looks like you guys have some space around you, which I bet is quite nice :) Hopefully it's still just close enough to your favorite stores to make it all practically perfect :) I'm so glad your mom and dad and your mickey came to stay for a bit...I bet you guys had an awesome time :)

michelleyv said...

Oh, it's always jolly with the Lewis crew. Gosh, I sure to miss you little kids. . . all 6 of you.